Feed for 12 week old pullets in Wellington

Do you need information on incubation, hatching or raising? Post here!

Feed for 12 week old pullets in Wellington

Postby matthuntnz » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:43 pm

Hi, I can't seem to find anywhere in the Wellington region selling feed for 12 week old pullets. I've resorted to feeding them layer pallets and assume this isn't a good thing. I live in Lyall Bay. Any help appreciated.

Cheers,
Matt
matthuntnz
Chick
Chick

Re: Feed for 12 week old pullets in Wellington

Postby matthuntnz » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:45 pm

They are Hyline Brown pullets
matthuntnz
Chick
Chick

Postby nhb » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:19 am

I would say probably to early, better than no feed at all. Chick starter Crum or chick grower is probably what they should really be on. Have you tried the farmlands or pgg stores. If they don't have it, ask them to get it in for you and put your name on it.
Proud owner and breeder, of North Holland blues and Sicilian buttercups
nhb
Quail
Quail

Postby Marina » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:57 pm

There is nothing wrong with feeding 12 week old pullets a mixture of chick starter crumbs and layer pellets. How many have you got? If it's only a small number they'll benefit from a few meat scraps. At this stage of growing, layer pellets on their own are not ideal but your pullets will be fine.

I have never worried about the different stages of feed.MIne get chick starter crumbs for a lot longer than recommended and they grow a lot better than on the recommended food. Grower pellets are the absolute minimum reqirement, chick starter is better.
Marina
Emu
Emu

Return to Hatching & Raising