Free- Home Wanted For Dumped Rooster To Live Out Natural Lif

Have something for sale? Looking to buy something in particular? List your For Sale and Wanted adds here!
Forum rules
~*~IMPORTANT~*~

All topics in this forum have to use the following in the subject line:
WTB, FS, Swap, or Free followed by what it is you would like or are offering,
Include a description of the item e.g. White Silkie Cockerel (not just Cockerel, or Rooster or Silkie) plus your location, and if you are selling and are willing to ship, please put 'will ship'

e.g. FS - White Silkie Cockerel - Auckland, will ship

Once your item has been sold or you've found what you're after, please reply to your thread to let members know - e.g. Sold, thanks!

Threads in this forum will be automatically deleted after 90 days.

Free- Home Wanted For Dumped Rooster To Live Out Natural Lif

Postby adw » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:26 am

I'm looking for a home where a a rooster can live out its natural life free range, in the Motueka, Tasman, Nelson region please.

We had two roosters appear in the orchard opposite a couple of years ago. I'm assuming they'd been dumped, we'd just see them occasionally when we drove past. They appeared healthy and happy. Unfortunately just before Christmas one was killed on the road.

The other has now started coming into our garden, which is fine. He is a very handsome, placid rooster. He wanders through several gardens during the day.

I'm worried that a neighbour is going to complain about his crowing unfortunately there have already been murmurings... I don't want anything horrid to happen to him.

I don't know my roosters, he's about twice the size of a bantam rooster. He's black and has a splendid comb.

If anyone knows of a potential home for him, please let me know. I'm sure he'd make his new owner and some chickens very happy.

Thanks.
adw
Chick
Chick

Re: Free- Home Wanted For Dumped Rooster To Live Out Natural

Postby adw » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:55 am

A home has been for him. Thanks
adw
Chick
Chick

Re: Free- Home Wanted For Dumped Rooster To Live Out Natural

Postby nhb » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:39 pm