Purty Ducklings

Do you keep ducks, quails, turkeys, pheasants, guinea fowl or others?
Discuss here!

Re: Purty Ducklings

Postby seatil » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:59 am

Kracka wrote:I've also gotten hold of a magazine with an article about angel wing & the current theory being its a genetic tendency to get it, rather than what I'd been told about it being too high/low protein while they're growing - I'll see if I can scan it & send it to you

It would not surprise me if it's a combination of genetic and environmental factors.

I'm not planning on breeding ducks, though they have other ideas about that. We need to get better at finding the nests before they've been incubated.

If you happen to know anyone that's interested in these crested ducklings let me know. I won't be keeping any myself.
One of almost everything, a veritable rainbow of chickens. And Project Motzle.
seatil
Turkey
Turkey

Postby sewren » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:29 am

seatil wrote:
sewren wrote:You are *really* making me want to get some ducks now - too cute!! :)

Let me try to dissuade you... :)

Ha, I just re-discovered this thread when searching for angel wing (which I think one duckling has). You turned out to be somewhat the enabler, rather than the dissuader, seatil, when it came to ducklings! :lol: :lol:
Pea (?), Martha (L Sussex), Bess (Australorp), Elsa (Orp), Petal (B'velder), Dottie (Sp Sussex), Olive (Welsummer), Peggy (W Leghorn), Gertie (SLW), Maureen & Doreen (NHB), Hazel & Tilly (SPW), Lilly & Ivy (Orps) and Silver Appleyard ducks!
sewren

Postby seatil » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:48 am

sewren wrote:Ha, I just re-discovered this thread when searching for angel wing (which I think one duckling has). You turned out to be somewhat the enabler, rather than the dissuader, seatil, when it came to ducklings! :lol: :lol:

Some people can only be persuaded/dissuaded by first hand experience. ;-)
One of almost everything, a veritable rainbow of chickens. And Project Motzle.
seatil
Turkey
Turkey

Postby sewren » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:03 pm

seatil wrote:
sewren wrote:Ha, I just re-discovered this thread when searching for angel wing (which I think one duckling has). You turned out to be somewhat the enabler, rather than the dissuader, seatil, when it came to ducklings! :lol: :lol:

Some people can only be persuaded/dissuaded by first hand experience. ;-)

Touché!! :lol:

I just took some photos for you - slowly uploading them to photobucket now...
Pea (?), Martha (L Sussex), Bess (Australorp), Elsa (Orp), Petal (B'velder), Dottie (Sp Sussex), Olive (Welsummer), Peggy (W Leghorn), Gertie (SLW), Maureen & Doreen (NHB), Hazel & Tilly (SPW), Lilly & Ivy (Orps) and Silver Appleyard ducks!
sewren

Postby Dean » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:15 pm

I agree seatil, it's the ducklings. Little minds of their own. We secured our double gates with small plastic mesh at the bottom. Take that, little ducklings.
Silver Spangled Hanburgs, Araucanas, Shavers, Rhode Island Reds, Barred Rocks, Barnevelders, Bard Yard Specials, Ducks, Turkeys and a Mallard.
Dean
Pheasant
Pheasant

Previous

Return to Other Poultry