Wanted: Tricolour turkeys.

Do you keep ducks, quails, turkeys, pheasants, guinea fowl or others?
Discuss here!

Wanted: Tricolour turkeys.

Postby clinton9 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:23 pm

Hi members,
My friend wants tricolour turkeys, but I know these Tricolour turkeys were difficult to find in NZ.

My friend lives in Thames and owned the Farm.

Can you please help me by provide the email addresses & addresses and phone numbers & moblie numbers of people who have or breeding the tricolour turkeys.

You can contact me by email me: subtropicalslorikeet@hotmail.com

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Clinton.
clinton9
Chick
Chick

Re: Wanted: Tricolour turkeys.

Postby clinton9 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:26 am

Hey members,
I been waited for over a past month for you to tell me where I buy tricolour turkeys in NZ. :(

Please help...I do not know where to find & buy tricolour turkeys in NZ.

Clinton.
clinton9
Chick
Chick

Postby MoreThanFine » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:51 pm

Try these people I guess.... They may not have what you want, but might be able to help you. :)

TURKEYS
• Andrea Gauland, OXFORD, North Canterbury. Phone:(03) 312 1203. E-mail: tehuafarm (at) no8wireless.co.nz [White]
• Rose Elle, R D 7, DANNEVIRKE 4977. Phone:(06) 374 1777 E-mail: foldit (at) xtra.co.nz [Buff]
• Elaine and Chris Gilberd, 3187 Main South Road, Dunsandel, R D 2, LEESTON 7682. Phone:(03) 325 4116 E-mail: warwickzfarm (at) warwickzfarm.com [Royal Palm]
• Grant and Inger Keymer, Old Russell Road, R D 1, RUSSELL 0272. Phone: (09) 950 3075. E-mail: inger (at) keymer.name [White]
• Barry Lochhead, 725 Rotherham Road South, R D 1, CULVERDEN 7391. Phone:(03) 315 6687. E-mail: bazaloch (at) yahoo.com.au [White] See also » Rotherham Poultry [External website]
• Robbie Wilson, 152 Orepuki Riverton Highway, R D 1, RIVERTON. Phone:(03) 234 8568 E-mail: nz.robbie (at) gmail.com [Royal Palm]
MoreThanFine
Quail
Quail

Postby MrQuail » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:33 pm

I don't think they are quite the same as what your friend wants, but the closest ones in NZ to the picture would be Royal Palm turkeys. You will probably have to wait a month or two before some fertile eggs come up from a breeder.
MrQuail
Chicken
Chicken

Postby Heir » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:21 pm

MrQuail wrote:I don't think they are quite the same as what your friend wants, but the closest ones in NZ to the picture would be Royal Palm turkeys. You will probably have to wait a month or two before some fertile eggs come up from a breeder.

Yeah and I hope you have deep pockets! We all watched 6 fertile eggs for Royal Palm Turkeys sell for $160 on TM last year!
Visit my website http://www.chickensbydesign.co.nz
۞ Sverige ●▒۞
Heir
Emu
Emu

Postby Abc123 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:34 pm

Hi, we shall have some Rare Breed Royal Palm( Tri color) Turkey Eggs next coming Next Season. They only lay from 20-30 eggs each year thus the price and often only fancy Poultry people snap them up, we have not sold the eggs before so unsure of the price , shall allow the need and market to decide we guess when time comes to sell them. however all depends on how many are around we guess to buy that drives prices, I was told each bird can be worth up to $150 each at Maturity some say, but wether people are getting that much for one bird not sure. Simply ask me later this year say in September - November shall have a better idea what Eggs we may have available.
Abc123
Chick
Chick

Postby Abc123 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:24 pm

Hi, know this blog above is past few years, however we breed the Royal Palm Turkey and why you may not be able to find them easy to get, they are listed under the endangered Species in NZ.

This breed is not a accident or one cannot breed by simply using a few different Turkeys or though this started this way back in 1920s by a guy in Florida, thus they name Royal Palms came from the place called that in the USA FLORIDA.

And the person who sold X6 for $160 is as well is a rare thing, though we sell our eggs for $10 each and that as around the going price unless some one has many eggs to sell of these, as they are only found in a window of each season up to around November Dec by then most of the Eggs have been hatched by breeders and then sold on such as our selves or any Eggs breeders may have to spare all are genuinely snapped up pretty quickly.

So when you do the Maths each small poult can reach $75 each and a full grown reach $150 as a Layer bird. These are not breed as other Turkeys for their meat though you can eat them, they are breed specically to keep this type of breed going, hence in NZ these Rare breed are also classified as being endangered or rarer, than some other Turkeys.

They take 28 days to hatch as well and are a very pretty bird to have in ones Garden or Lifestyle block/ farm :) We are selling Eggs now, however we often are way booked up, but do enquire and when we have some can let you know.
Abc123
Chick
Chick

Postby Abc123 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:27 pm

PS to clarify Turkeys laying now, then hatched after 28days, and grow over summer as they grow better in the longer day light hrs of these mths, so many start laying may be August September onwards all depends on the weather as temp need to be a certain temp before Poultry lay and this includes Turkeys.
Abc123
Chick
Chick

Return to Other Poultry