Chicken Survey - Chance to win Lifestyle Block Magazine Sub

Discuss all chook related things here!
Also:
* The Library

Chicken Survey - Chance to win Lifestyle Block Magazine Sub

Postby gradoc » Tue May 29, 2018 4:09 pm

Hi again,

As some of you may have seen, I'm researching a Masters focused on innovations promoting chicken-keeping, and have already interviewed a few of you (You can find the original post here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5854). It has taken longer to collate the interviews than initially expected (I've ended up with more than thirty) so apologies to those awaiting a summary but I'm hoping to get them all sent out in the next month or so.

Meanwhile, the next stage of my research is underway which is an online survey that can be found here: http://www.tinyurl.com/surveychickens and one lucky respondent will win a year's subscription to Lifestyle Block Magazine. Even if you have already been interviewed by me you are still welcome to take it as, while some questions may seem similar, there are new questions relating to colour, shape and material preferences amongst other things.

Please feel free to ask anyone you know who has chickens, or is thinking of getting them, to take the survey by sending them the link. I'm hoping to compare it with a similar survey from the States which had over 1400 respondents so the more the merrier!

Kind regards,
Thomas
I have Silver Penciled and Birchen Pekin Bantams, including "Hackles" a Birchen rooster who is adorable despite his battle-scars!
I am also researching innovations for chickens - please take my survey here: www.tinyurl.com/surveychickens
gradoc
Chick
Chick

Re: Chicken Survey - Chance to win Lifestyle Block Magazine

Postby sewren » Tue May 29, 2018 4:41 pm

Hi Thomas - I just started to do your survey, but I'm a bit confused by question 6 - what do you want in the boxes? Are you looking for the number of individuals of those breeds that we own, just a yes or no, or to specify which of the breeds listed we have owned...?

It would be great to get some guidance - thanks!
Seventeen beautiful chooks in a rainbow of breeds and Silver Appleyard ducks!
sewren

Postby gradoc » Tue May 29, 2018 5:27 pm

Hi there,
the idea is to write the breeds you own in the boxes (I've listed all the breeds from the association website in brackets alongside to help people unfamiliar with the spelling)
the breeds that you enter carry over into the next question which asks how many of each sex/age you have. Sorry that you found this confusing - I've added more detail to the question which will hopefully help). Let me know if there's anything else you would like help with.
Regards,
Thomas
I have Silver Penciled and Birchen Pekin Bantams, including "Hackles" a Birchen rooster who is adorable despite his battle-scars!
I am also researching innovations for chickens - please take my survey here: www.tinyurl.com/surveychickens
gradoc
Chick
Chick

Postby sewren » Wed May 30, 2018 2:17 pm

Oh right - I get it now - thanks for clearing that up! I'll go and finish the survey now....
Seventeen beautiful chooks in a rainbow of breeds and Silver Appleyard ducks!
sewren

Return to General Chicken Keeping