Farmgate Chook Tucker

Discuss all chook related things here!
Also:
* The Library

Farmgate Chook Tucker

Postby chocaholic » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:00 pm

Hi

I noticed Farmgate Chook Tucker at Farmlands the other day and it looked like it could be an interesting chicken feed as I thought I could see grains, corn and pellets in it. It was a very quick look so I may be wrong here.

I didn't have time to read the label, and I thought I would Google it and see what I could find out about it and what the ingredients are. Unfortunately, there is very little information online, and nothing that talks about what the ingredients actually are. Does anyone know the answer to this?

I currently use Weston's Chooks Choice which I had read was good due to the fact that they used proportion of meat and bone meal in their mix.
chocaholic
Chick
Chick

Re: Farmgate Chook Tucker

Postby Marina » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:03 pm

I do use Westons myself and Farmgate Chook tucker is not available here. I just did a search on this product - both here on PoultryCentral and a Google search - and there is only 1 post coming up. The Fonterra site is under maintenace. You also got no replies here - yet - so I'd say it's quite a new product. You can't do much harm trying it, especially if you buy a new bag before your old bag is used up. I'd mix the 2 feeds to start with and see what happens. Mine always vote for Westons. They like the smaller pellet size and maybe the taste?
Marina
Emu
Emu

Postby Poulet » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:15 pm

It's a new product. They gave me a free sample last time I was in Farmlands. The chooks liked it ok but I also got given the list of ingredients and there is no animal protein in it - I prefer to feed my chickens a food that has animal protein - chickens are not naturally vegetarians.
Poulet
Chick
Chick

Postby afrowoman » Wed May 17, 2017 8:57 pm

My chooks don't love it. They'll eat some of it but leave a lot.
afrowoman
Chick
Chick

Return to General Chicken Keeping