Stoats

Discuss all chook related things here!
Also:
* The Library

Stoats

Postby Smiffy » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:09 pm

Hi there & a good morning to everyone.
My name is Terry & I'm A registered pest control technician in the Whangarei area of NZ & have been in this sector of work for many years now.
Pest control for me is not just a job it's a duty, a duty to help try & keep NZ pest free & it's native birds like the Kiwi safe from extinction & attack from these imported pests, I'm just wondering if any chicken owners on this forum have a current problem with stoats ,& wouldn't mind letting me place a live capture trap around there coop to catch a live stoat for educational purposes for my pest control seminars & maybe schools educational visits which is a new chapter in my pest control career that I'm embarking on.
Many thanks
Terry (Smiffy)
Smiffy
Chick
Chick

Re: Stoats

Postby wolga » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:05 am

Hi Terry,
luckily I haven't lost any chickens so far but I've seen stoats crossing the road on many occasions very close to where I live.
Which worries me quite a lot. We're in Coatesville. Hopefully you will find somebody close to Whangarei to help with your project.
Good to know you're keeping an eye on these nasties. :D
wolga

Re: Stoats

Postby Smiffy » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:00 am

Hi Wolga
I'm very pleased to hear that your not experiencing any problems with stoats & your chickens are safe, not so happy about you seeing those mustelids crossing the road though.
I'm hard out every day eradicating: possums,rats & ferrets but fortunately don't come across many stoats or weasels, Hopefully I will find someone in the Whangarei area to assist me with my educational programme.
Many thanks for your reply & the stoat sightings in Coaetsville.
(Smiffy)
Smiffy
Chick
Chick

Return to General Chicken Keeping