Duckies!! (at last)

Do you need information on incubation, hatching or raising? Post here!

Re: Duckies!! (at last)

Postby eae » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:58 am

I know less than nothing about sexing ducks, but on the photo host front, I use http://www.dropshots.com. I don't use them a lot as I only post photos here, but the uploads are quick, tags are easy to copy and I haven't ever noticed advertising - I'm sure it is there, but not in a way that impedes my use of the site at all.

Your duckies are very cute.. shame it sounds like there are a lot of boys though. Are you able to get another lot in this season?
eae
Chicken
Chicken

Postby sewren » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:44 pm

eae wrote:I know less than nothing about sexing ducks, but on the photo host front, I use http://www.dropshots.com. I don't use them a lot as I only post photos here, but the uploads are quick, tags are easy to copy and I haven't ever noticed advertising - I'm sure it is there, but not in a way that impedes my use of the site at all.

Awesome, tank you, I'll give it a go. I also only use it for posting pics on here, so don't need anything flash!

eae wrote:Your duckies are very cute.. shame it sounds like there are a lot of boys though. Are you able to get another lot in this season?

I had been in contact with someone locally who also has silver appleyards, so I might try for another lot if the stars align (i.e. broodies fit in with timing and whether that person has eggs still available). We'll see....
Pea (?), Martha (L Sussex), Bess (Australorp), Elsa (Orp), Petal (B'velder), Dottie (Sp Sussex), Olive (Welsummer), Peggy (W Leghorn), Gertie (SLW), Maureen & Doreen (NHB), Hazel & Tilly (SPW), Lilly & Ivy (Orps) and Silver Appleyard ducks!
sewren

Postby Dean » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:06 pm

Lovely babies, looking great. I'm loving the ducks more than chickens now and I can't keep up with the demand for their eggs! We had a hen raise orphan baby ducks tucked under her when they were 3 days old. She did a great job.
Silver Spangled Hanburgs, Araucanas, Shavers, Rhode Island Reds, Barred Rocks, Barnevelders, Bard Yard Specials, Ducks, Turkeys and a Mallard.
Dean
Pheasant
Pheasant

Postby Foehn » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:57 am

Appropriate eh?
Foehn
Quail
Quail

Postby sewren » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:34 pm

Ha ha - brilliant!! :lol: :lol:
Pea (?), Martha (L Sussex), Bess (Australorp), Elsa (Orp), Petal (B'velder), Dottie (Sp Sussex), Olive (Welsummer), Peggy (W Leghorn), Gertie (SLW), Maureen & Doreen (NHB), Hazel & Tilly (SPW), Lilly & Ivy (Orps) and Silver Appleyard ducks!
sewren

Postby Marina » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:40 pm

Very appropriate - love it :D
Marina
Emu
Emu

Postby Dean » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:56 pm

seatil wrote:The one and only hen I've ever had raising ducklings spent the best part of six weeks chasing around after her flock of 12. They did not listen to her at all and would usually wander off as a troop in the opposite direction to wherever she wanted them to go. She hasn't been broody since.

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. :lol:
Silver Spangled Hanburgs, Araucanas, Shavers, Rhode Island Reds, Barred Rocks, Barnevelders, Bard Yard Specials, Ducks, Turkeys and a Mallard.
Dean
Pheasant
Pheasant

Previous

Return to Hatching & Raising