RCom 20 Pro Incubator humidity

Do you need information on incubation, hatching or raising? Post here!

RCom 20 Pro Incubator humidity

Postby tishie11 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:05 pm

I have one of the above and want to raise the humidity to 80% for the last 3 days for guinea fowl eggs. It seems to be set at a maximum of 70%. As my other guinea hatchings have been rather disappointing, I am wanting to have the humidity higher this time and hopefully get a better hatch. I set 60% for the first 25 days rather than 50% as before.
Does anyone know whether this 70% setting can be changed? Guinea eggs have very hard shells so I am hoping the higher humidity will get the chicks out easier as a lot seem to grow till the end then fail to hatch.
As I've just started the last 3 days, I'm hoping someone will know!
tishie11
Turkey
Turkey

Re: RCom 20 Pro Incubator humidity

Postby seatil » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:17 am

I don't know of any way to override the build in max on the computer.

I suppose you could try adding water to the bottom tray (you know the awkward bit with all the squares to clean all the gunk out of at the end!) so that you're getting passive evaporation from that very large area. Worst case scenario you're stuck at 70% with the normal humidifier doing some work, or best case scenario, the humidifier turns off because you've got sufficient evaporation going from the under tray to get over 70%.
One of almost everything, a veritable rainbow of chickens. And Project Motzle.
seatil
Turkey
Turkey

Postby tishie11 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:00 pm

Thanks seatil yes I know what you mean by the compartment underneath. But now some of the eggs are cracking! Better not move them all now. Two days to go and crossing fingers. 20 guinea eggs - we'll see how I go this time.
tishie11
Turkey
Turkey

Postby wolga » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:19 pm

Good luck tishie !
Does your incubator ever stand still ? ;) I have another lot hatching this weekend too. :lol:
wolga

Postby tishie11 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:41 am

I thought I'd finished for the season wolga, but my friend who has guineas gave me some more eggs. What could I do???!
And the first one has just hatched - yay.
tishie11
Turkey
Turkey

Postby Kracka » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:32 am

:D I've got 5 little black pekin eggs due to hatch this weekend, although I shouldn't get my hopes up - the power went off for two hours so in the end I drove the incubator to work & plugged it in, luckily it was the little incubator! boss didn't notice for a while! :lol:
Kracka
Emu
Emu

Return to Hatching & Raising