Rcom KingSuro and quail eggs

Do you need information on incubation, hatching or raising? Post here!

Rcom KingSuro and quail eggs

Postby Aertika » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:13 am

Good morning I need some advice on the temperature and humidity settings for Japanese quail eggs for my new RCom KingSuro incubator. I'm way too confused by what I've read and have to set up the incubator and eggs in the next two days. What temp do you recommend, with what % humidity, from day 1 to day 15, and then on lockdown, what do you recommend?
Aertika
Chick
Chick

Re: Rcom KingSuro and quail eggs

Postby Marina » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:56 pm

Your RCom Suro is a forced air incubator which means the temperature is the same everywhere within the incubator. It's also a pretty good one. In still air incubators quail eggs need to be incubated differently but in a forced air incubator it's the same as chicken eggs.

37.5 degrees Celsius is ideal. In summer I set mine to 37.2 and get better hatches than on 37.5

Humidity depends on where you live - dry Central Otago or humid Auckland or something inbetween. Humidity is better at the lower end of what's recommended by your manufacturer. It's not as important as temperature - there is quite a wide range that's aceptable. But if it's too high your chicks will drown.

I don't change humidity on lockdown.

Also - quail chicks often are hatching a lot later than expected. I've had some hatch 5 days after the first ones hatched and they were fit and strong. So please don't give up too soon.
Marina
Emu
Emu

Return to Hatching & Raising