Graeme

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!

Graeme

Postby Graeme » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:37 pm

Hi .Graeme here.I'm a semi retired dairy farmer now lol.Have a 11 acre life style block now at Ngatea. Been around poultry all my life.I'm a poultry judge.Game fowl and bantams.I breed Old English game fowl and bantams.(A few pekin bantams thrown in)Magpie ducks,Lavender Guinea Fowl, Swinhoe pheasants and Lady Amherst pheasants
Even got a trio of Alpacas.Down to 1 TB broodmare now.Also a few beef cows for rearing calves. ;)
Last edited by Graeme on Wed May 28, 2014 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Graeme
Chick
Chick

Re: Graeme

Postby DRG » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:11 pm

Welcome Graeme!
Wow sounds like you have a real menagorie there! That must keep you busy!
I'll see you round!
Poultry Central. The best thing in NZ since Chickens
DRG
Pheasant
Pheasant

Postby Helen » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:26 pm

8-) Hi there, you will have to let us know when your horses are racing!!
Helen
Chick
Chick

Postby Graeme » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:10 pm

Ha!Ha!.He's not named yet.Won't be 2 until Aug.Will let you know. ;)
Graeme
Chick
Chick

Postby DRG » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:17 pm

Ohhhh!! ANOTHER reason to go to the races!! 8-) sounds like a plan
Poultry Central. The best thing in NZ since Chickens
DRG
Pheasant
Pheasant

Postby Helen » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:54 pm

:lol: You're onto it - he gave me a good tip a year or so ago!!
Helen
Chick
Chick

Postby poppy » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:01 pm

Hi Graeme,
I am looking for a female Lady Amherst Pheasant. I have a male Lady Amherst that lives freely on my property and I have decided that I would like to find a mate for him since I have not seen a female around. I saw in your post that you have all types of poultry and wondered if you might have a female Lady Amherst for sale or if you might know where I could get one. I have tried a few places so far with no luck. I am in Hastings but would be happy to pick up from anywhere in the North Island. Many thanks, Poppy
poppy
Chick
Chick

Postby Marina » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:38 am

Hi Poppy and welcome to PC.

Graeme posted some 9 yeasr ago so he may not reply. But have a look at http://www.rarebreeds.co.nz/directoryf.html#other I also know Willowbank Wildlife reserve have Amherst pheasants. Their phone number is 03 359 6226

I hope you can find a mate for your male.

On a different note: We have 2 male pheasants we see occasionally - just the normal ones. There are females but we only have seen 1 dead chick once and someone else saw a female on the other side of the valley. The females are much more secretive so even if you don't see one there may well be one around.
Marina
Emu
Emu

Postby fotso » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:04 am

Hi Graeme,
I am looking for a female Lady Amherst Pheasant. I have a male Lady Amherst that lives freely on my property and I have decided that I would like to find a mate for him since I have not seen a female around. I saw in your post that you have all types of poultry and wondered if you might have a female Lady Amherst for sale or if you might know where I could get one. I have tried a few places so far with no luck. I am in Hastings but would be happy to pick up from anywhere in the North Island. Many thanks, Poppy
fotso
Chick
Chick

Return to Introduce Yourself