Peep!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!

Peep!

Postby MissQ » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:30 pm

Afternoon peoples, chicken newbie here, from Reporoa. Or should I say, I had them for four months now and still no egg in sight :D
Doesn't matter though, I never expected to get so much joy from those fluffy poop factories.

I have (atm) the barred Rock couple Blake and Krystle, a black Australorp/Orpington (still not sure of the difference) mother named Alexis and her 6 quickly growing chicks, which I'm still hoping to be 4f/2m (Dominique, Sammy-Jo, Fallon, Kirby, Dex and Jeff) but knowing my luck it'll be the other way around...I got 5 barred rocks for free initially, they turned out to be 4 roos and only 1 hen.

Chickening is still a bit of a mystery to me but I noticed how I don't even check for eggs anymore, I just love having them around, having a swarm of them follow me when they 'haven't been fed for weeks and are positively starving!', hand feeding them and lately more and more able to sneak in a pet while they're eating.

Anyway, excuse the novel. I will be hovering a lot and maybe ask for advice every now and then until I learn how to chicken properly.
MissQ
Chick
Chick

Re: Peep!

Postby wolga » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:23 pm

Hi MissQ !
Welcome to the forum ! It all depends how old or young your chickens are regarding the eggs. Most birds are
moulting at the moment, so not laying. Do you know how old your hens are ?
wolga

Postby MissQ » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:51 pm

Hi Wolga
Not sure of the exact age, the barred rock is 6+ months and the Orp is probably older. I don't care really, I'm enjoying them with or without eggs...
MissQ
Chick
Chick

Postby Kristinut » Wed May 02, 2018 9:45 pm

I want to know about it a lot. It helped me a lot. It is very useful.
Kristinut
Chick
Chick

Return to Introduce Yourself