Birds of a feather!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!

Birds of a feather!

Postby pullum » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:37 pm

Ho Folks, I am a new member just moved from the city and bought some land on the West Coast. Whew! I am now looking to use poultry to get some cash flow and start my Permaculture lifestyle block. I am using a portable chicken tractor system. I have 14 Shavers of variable age at the moment ( readily available ) and one beautiful large Black Orpington of unknown age. I would like to raise a flock of 40 of these Black Orpington birds, pasture fed, and have built an incubator to be able to do that but need some eggs to get started. I would like to find someone in the S Island as that can supply me these, as it makes sense placing less stress on the eggs through the delivery process. Can any one help me connect with a quality breeder of Black Orpingtons please?
pullum
Chick
Chick

Re: Birds of a feather!

Postby Marina » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:47 pm

Hi Pullum and welcome to PC!

There is a breedre of Orpingtons in Westport - Gavin Haussmann. He's got good birds. Are you on facebook? If yes, he advertises under Aubrey Orpingtons. If you don't use facebook please pm me and I'll send you his email address.

It's not breeding season now - any eggs you may be able to buy now are unlikely to be fertile. Some breeders sell them anyway...
Marina
Emu
Emu

Return to Introduce Yourself