Hi from Welly

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!

Hi from Welly

Postby Pete » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:30 pm

I'm just in the process of setting up my small urban back yard for 3-4 chickens. We have a garden that is heavily covered with native trees and we think it would be awesome to put a reasonably large house and pen. However, we would want to enable the chickens to enjoy wandering around the garden. Before we buy we the birds I'm hoping to learn what it will take to give them as much free range of the back garden as possible and how we would best look after them.

I'm looking forward to chatting with others in this forum and learning. Eventually I hope to actually contribute back too.

Pete
Pete
Chick
Chick

Re: Hi from Welly

Postby PoultryCentral » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:05 am

Welcome Pete,

we do indeed moderate first posts. We have a team of moderators who keep an eye out for new members and their first posts. Sometimes it takes a few hours before one of us logs in. About 4 out of every 5 new members are spammers, wanting to sell anything from kitchen appliances to 'massage' services, occasionally with explicit images, so we try to separate the welcome new members from the unwelcome ones. We like to keep it 'G' rated here :D
PoultryCentral
System Account

Postby chooky » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:09 pm

Hi Pete. Google Wichita Coop or Witchita Cabin Coop and see if this would be suitable to build for your situation. I have a version of this that looks a bit like a children's playhouse. Do make sure that you use proper square welded mesh and not chicken netting.
chooky
Quail
Quail

Postby Pete » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:01 pm

Thank you, I understand - 4 out of 5, wow!

Thanks Chook, I had a look and wow, so many varieties of the Witchita coops.
Pete
Chick
Chick

Return to Introduce Yourself