Hello from Porirua Wellington

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!

Hello from Porirua Wellington

Postby WichitaWanabe » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:47 am

Hello poultry people. My name is Paul, l live in Porirua and my wife and I are looking at building a chicken coop based on the Wichita Cabin Coop. We hope to start with three chickens but have option to house up to six. We have an area where they can free range. We are trying to do this on a minimal budget and will try to use recycled materials where I can. If anyone has any suggestions or spare materials please let us know :)
WichitaWanabe
Chick
Chick

Re: Hello from Porirua Wellington

Postby sewren » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:14 am

Hi and welcome to the forum! :)

I just googled the Wichita Cabin Coop and it looks very nice - you will have some lucky chooks when you have built their palace! It's definitely a good plan to allow for getting more chooks - once you get chooks then you never look back in my experience, and many of us started with just 3 shavers, and now have healthy flocks in the double figures (and still growing!!)
Pea (?), Martha (L Sussex), Bess (Australorp), Elsa (Orp), Petal (B'velder), Dottie (Sp Sussex), Olive (Welsummer), Peggy (W Leghorn), Gertie (SLW), Maureen & Doreen (NHB), Hazel & Tilly (SPW), Lilly & Ivy (Orps) and Silver Appleyard ducks!
sewren

Return to Introduce Yourself