New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!

Postby cheltychooks » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:45 pm

Hello,

My wife and I bought some pullets about 3 months ago to replace the ageing chooks we inherited with the house we bought a while ago. We used Trade Me to find suitable replacements only to discover all these amazing breeds I have never seen before. This triggered off some sort of underlying obsession deep within my soul and in a short space of time we have purchased a range of chooks and new housing for them. We currently own 3 Light Sussex, 3 Chinese Langshan, 6 Rhode Island Reds, 3 Barred Rocks, 6 Brown Shavers and a grey bantam.
Last edited by cheltychooks on Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cheltychooks
Chick
Chick

Re: new member

Postby Kracka » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:19 pm

Hi Cheltychooks

welcome to the obsession! :lol:
I'm not counting how many I've got :oops:
Kracka
Emu
Emu

Postby wolga » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:20 am

That happens all the time ! Isn't it just fabulous to have such a variety of different coloured chickens running around ?
wolga

Postby cheltychooks » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:33 pm

I know it sounds silly now, but we had no idea of the range of breeds available. We thought you just had brown chooks for brown eggs and white chooks for white eggs. I had never herd of poultry shows either until we bought our replacements off a breeder. I think more awareness is needed so more people can understand and enjoy poultry the way we have. It is like Christmas for adults and we love it, so do the kids.
cheltychooks
Chick
Chick

Return to Introduce Yourself