Poultry Shows

A place to learn and share show standards and information about showing! As well as upcoming regional sale days.

Poultry Shows

Postby Marina » Fri May 06, 2016 9:56 am

It's this time of year again - the show season here in Canterbury has been kicked off with the North Canterbury Show in Rangiora.

Schedules are now available for the Christchurch and Ashburton Shows. If you'd like a schedule, please get in contact with the secretary.

For Christchurch please email Karena: info@poultryclub.co.nz (or send me a private message which I'll pass on).

For Ashburton please leave a message on Brian's answerphone: (03) 302 6909

For Ashburton entries close on May 21st. Penning day is Thursday, June 16th

For Christchurch entries close on June 10th. Penning day is Thursday, June 23rd

The Christchurch Poultry, Bantam and Pigeon Club's newsletter features a quick guide on how to become a poultry exhibitor. If you'd like a copy emailed to you please pm me.

Hope to see you at our show!
Last edited by Marina on Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marina
Emu
Emu

Re: Poultry Shows

Postby nhb » Tue May 17, 2016 10:13 am

the first poultry show off the south island season was hosted by the west coast club on the 14th-15th of may it was their biggest and best yet . With in excess of 700 entries. This season they had the duck special 170 odd ducks and a very good representation of rare breeds. With a number of breeder's showing there for the first time from other areas stating that they had a great experience and would be back again.
nhb
Quail
Quail

Postby Marina » Wed May 18, 2016 11:19 am

That's great to hear. Must be a good team in charge!

How did your birds do?
Marina
Emu
Emu

Postby nhb » Wed May 18, 2016 9:37 pm

Yes not a bad team and they put on a good show. There was two south island titles up for grabs both female titles sicilian buttercup and North Holland blue which are my two breeds. plus twenty odd other south island titles. I got the north Holland blue title and second in the sicilian buttercup I entered five pullets only as my old birds were out of sorts thanks to the moult. so all and all I had a great time
nhb
Quail
Quail

Postby Marina » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:52 am

Here a couple of pictures taken at the 2016 Christchurch Show.

We do not only have birds but also eggs, painted eggs, decorated eggs and a colouring in competition.

Next year - during the weekend of June 23rd to 25th, 2017, Christchurch will be hosting the New Zealand National Poultry Show so please watch this space.
Marina
Emu
Emu

Return to Showing, Exhibiting and Sale Days