Rare Breeds Auction

A place to learn and share show standards and information about showing! As well as upcoming regional sale days.

Rare Breeds Auction

Postby Marina » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:23 pm

This year I forgot to let everyone know that it was on - too busy I guess. It has been and gone this past weekend, on Sunday the 13th of March.

It was ideal weather and over 250 lots were entered. Did anyone buy chooks or other animals?

This year the Christchurch Poultry, Bantam and Pigeon Club had a display and I helped out there. Plenty of people stopping for a chat which was great!
Marina
Emu
Emu

Re: Rare Breeds Auction

Postby sewren » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:32 pm

Here's what we bought at the auction! :D

Pea (?), Martha (L Sussex), Bess (Australorp), Elsa (Orp), Petal (B'velder), Dottie (Sp Sussex), Olive (Welsummer), Peggy (W Leghorn), Gertie (SLW), Maureen & Doreen (NHB), Hazel & Tilly (SPW), Lilly & Ivy (Orps) and Silver Appleyard ducks!
sewren

Postby AlisonS » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:07 pm

Beautiful! What breed are they?
AlisonS
Chicken
Chicken

Postby sewren » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:15 pm

They are Gotlands - I believe they are more commonly grey (sheep are new to me so I am on a steep learning curve!!) I think they're awesome though :)

I also had a look at the ducks at the auction - I'm interested in getting some so was great to be able to see different breeds in person.
Pea (?), Martha (L Sussex), Bess (Australorp), Elsa (Orp), Petal (B'velder), Dottie (Sp Sussex), Olive (Welsummer), Peggy (W Leghorn), Gertie (SLW), Maureen & Doreen (NHB), Hazel & Tilly (SPW), Lilly & Ivy (Orps) and Silver Appleyard ducks!
sewren

Return to Showing, Exhibiting and Sale Days