Canterbury Rare Breeds Auction 9 March

A place to learn and share show standards and information about showing! As well as upcoming regional sale days.

Canterbury Rare Breeds Auction 9 March

Postby Marina » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:52 pm

Entries close February 24 so if you've got a heritage breed chook or duck or pheasant or pigeon etc and would like to auction it off, here is a link to the entry form:

http://www.rarebreeds.co.nz/auction2.html

Go to the bottom of the page, print the Vendor Entry Form, fill it out and send it in with a cheque for the penning fee.

Single cockerels or roosters are not usually accepted unless they are accompanied by a female or two which don't have to be in the same pen. However, something like a Speckled Sussex is an exception.

Anyone can enter their 'pure bred' (or standardbred) birds.
Marina
Emu
Emu

Re: Canterbury Rare Breeds Auction 9 March

Postby Marina » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:21 am

Tomorrow is the big day.

Come along to a fun day at Willowbank Wildlife Reserve in Hussey Road in Christchurch. I'll be there with a chick display and ChickyMum will be there, too. Plus many more attractions PLUS reduced entry (adults $10, school aged children up to age 15 pay $5) to all the attractions Willowbank offers all year round.

10am start, auction at 1pm. Full entry fee applies after 1pm. Catalogue gold coin donation.
Marina
Emu
Emu

Postby ChickyMum » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:09 pm

Looking forward to the auction - have 3 chooks registered (2 Speckled Sussex lads and a Barnie girl)
Excited to see how it all works :D

Come along all Cantab's ......
I currently have no chickens due to travelling
ChickyMum
Chicken
Chicken

Postby nzkings » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:12 am

How did you do ChookyMum?
"Regard it as just as desirable to build a chicken house as to build a cathedral.” - Frank Lloyd Wright
nzkings
Emu
Emu

Postby Marina » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:46 am

Well, I don't know where ChickyMum is but she was at the auction and helped out at the chick display which was wonderful - not only for the company but also because for the first time in 3 years I was able to leave the display and have a look around. Many thanks, ChickyMum :D

All her chooks sold, also the cockerels, but only just above the reserve. Mine didn't all sell - I had entered 6 females. It certainly was a buyers auction as some good birds went for very reasonable prices from a buyer's point-of-view. Many sellers don't have a computer so don't sell via TradeMe which means that for those who want something from a completely different strain this auction is a real Mecca.
Marina
Emu
Emu

Postby Kracka » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:16 am

I would love to be have been close enough to take a look (might pay for me to leave my wallet at home though!)
Kracka
Emu
Emu

Postby nzkings » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:07 pm

Glad you had a good time.... I went last year, but didn't dare go this year.... with 10 hens, a rooster and nine chicks here already, it wouldn't have been a good idea!!!
"Regard it as just as desirable to build a chicken house as to build a cathedral.” - Frank Lloyd Wright
nzkings
Emu
Emu

Return to Showing, Exhibiting and Sale Days