Waikato annual Show 2013

A place to learn and share show standards and information about showing! As well as upcoming regional sale days.

Re: Waikato annual Show 2013

Postby buzzard » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:02 pm

Kracka wrote:I have NEVER seen so many White Pekin bantams in one place before! :shock:

not to mention the entire row of Black Pekins - those birds were amazing, made my two look like midgets (going to have to find some sort of super food to get them up to size! ;) ) and congrats to the beautiful Blue Pekin that won big (okay, I'm biased, love my Pekins :D )

big thank you to the WPPC club for putting on the show - that must have been a HUGE undertaking

glad you liked it, your birchen female was a little beaut!
Having the pekin club at our show really boosted that section, some big, quality classes
buzzard
Chicken
Chicken

Postby sewren » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:06 pm

buzzard wrote:
99chooks wrote:Oh whatever you sod lol :-)

99 walks outside from the hall during pack up... ' oh gee, its glary out here **holds the big certificate up to her eyes** (it was overcast by the way bahahaha)

then shortly afterwards..

'oh it's a quite hot job this show pack up' ** as she fans herself with what else.. but the NI champ certificate**

Ha ha, nice one 99! :lol:
Seventeen beautiful chooks in a rainbow of breeds and Silver Appleyard ducks!
sewren

Postby roobz316 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:43 pm

Whoever takes pics for the website must have patience to snap those, I can take 10+ pics and never get one as good as that. That white Leghorn hens droopy comb is impressively long. I have some pullets thats just started laying and theirs is just past the eye line, maybe they will grow as the season goes on. I wonder if I should start a Leghorn topic...
roobz316
Chicken
Chicken

Postby 99chooks » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:28 pm

OMG Buzzard you are such a dreamer lol :-) The President had just chucked the cert at me as you well know and I was hot from moving all the furniture also as you well know. The only people within coey were the Lions people who wouldn't recognise said cert if they fell over it! Funny analogy though :-)
99chooks
Turkey
Turkey

Postby buzzard » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:55 am

99chooks wrote:OMG Buzzard you are such a dreamer lol :-) The President had just chucked the cert at me as you well know and I was hot from moving all the furniture also as you well know. The only people within coey were the Lions people who wouldn't recognise said cert if they fell over it! Funny analogy though :-)

whatevz 99, good form though

Roobz, that leghorn was dropping her tail in that pic, the minora was a big long hen. And both these come from really long time breeders' lines
buzzard
Chicken
Chicken

Previous

Return to Showing, Exhibiting and Sale Days