Waikato Club Meeting

A place to learn and share show standards and information about showing! As well as upcoming regional sale days.

Waikato Club Meeting

Postby 99chooks » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:42 am

I went to the Waikato Poultry and Pigeon Club meeting last night and it was fab. When I have been in the past it has just been a committee meeting type thing so I stopped going, but last night they had a quest speaker....Mark Goldby from Precious Poultry who spoke about egg quality for hatching, incubating and candling, and breeders rations. I picked up lots of tips and some of the questions/opinions from experienced breeders were quite basic so I didn't feel foolish asking my questions and newbies would've felt comfortable as well - plus there was a cuppa and supper :D I think this is the program going forward so I can't wait to see next meetings agenda. The meetings are on the first Tuesday of the month but have finished for 2012, next one is 5 Feb 2013. The Christmas get together at a members property with a farm tour, is 1 Dec for financial members so pencil it in or join up quick and come along.
99chooks
Turkey
Turkey

Re: Waikato Club Meeting

Postby Kracka » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:57 am

that sounds like it was really great, they had Mark talking at the Nationals too, all good stuff sharing info...
Kracka
Emu
Emu

Postby buzzard » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:14 pm

was good wasnt it,
but I dare say that some of the questions were made to get convo going and get some intereaction from the 'floor' highlight some of the points being made.
there's a 'put and take' being planned for the end of year function, a couple of the more senior members told me about how the club used to do this and thought we would have another go at it..
basically you can bring birds along that you want to show off, there are a few cages set up, put your birds in discuss and take them home again, no prizes or anything, just some info sharing, bit like a good thread here on PC with pics of birds that can be shared and discussed, but this in person and combined with a social event
buzzard
Chicken
Chicken

Postby lizziebee » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:25 am

Oh that sounds like a great meeting!

I also heard Mark talk at the Nationals, and Ithought he was fab - I learnt heaps as a real newbie.

Do they have anything like this in Auckland?

I think I'd like to go to the next one, I will bookmark it.

Lizzie
Maggie (Blue Australorp), Millie & Mandy (PBRs), Madelaine & Maisey (GLW), Missy (GLW x Shaver), Alice & Lily (Bantam Silver Pencilled Wyandottes) - 3xbtm Partridge Wyandottes & 2xFaverolles.
lizziebee
Chicken
Chicken

Postby 99chooks » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:40 am

buzzard wrote:but I dare say that some of the questions were made to get convo going and get some intereaction from the 'floor' highlight some of the points being made.

Sorry I should have clarified that, I wasn't for a minute insinuating the senior members only had basic knowledge :oops:
99chooks
Turkey
Turkey

Postby wolga » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:01 am

lizziebee wrote:Oh that sounds like a great meeting!

I also heard Mark talk at the Nationals, and Ithought he was fab - I learnt heaps as a real newbie.

Do they have anything like this in Auckland?

I think I'd like to go to the next one, I will bookmark it.

Lizzie

I don't think the Auckland Club does anything at all. I've been a member for a year now and haven't heard anything about show dates or club meetings.
Didn't even get a welcome to the club. :?
wolga

Postby Kracka » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:59 pm

let you into a little secret Wolga, the club nearly collapsed 2 years ago - major committee resignations
so when it got down to a skeleton crew of 3 we weren't very good at doing 'the niceties'

the AGM is on the 28 Feb at Kumeu - you should have had your notification already?
I'm on the hunt to rope in more people, have managed to get a new face to look at driving our membership and try to do more for the members, especially the new people

you get back what you put in.... so see you on the 28th?
Kracka
Emu
Emu

Postby wolga » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:16 pm

That's not a secret. I've heard about that. But as I said before I've not received one single notification
in the whole last year.
wolga

Return to Showing, Exhibiting and Sale Days