TURKEYS/ Ducks other.

A place to discuss or ask questions about specific breeds!

Also contains a list of what breeds our members are currently breeding.

TURKEYS/ Ducks other.

Postby Abc123 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:31 pm

Hi, I am a new member but have breed Poultry for over 10 years now live in friendly Fielding and just getting in to breeding Turkeys and others here doing the same would be good to hear from those who also login the same here, :) or any one interested in buying some Turkey eggs for hatching and or chicks let us know. We will have Bronze and pretty Palm Turkey breeds. Should have some Eggs in around Sept -November and onwards in 2016-17 unsure of price per Egg some say around $10 each I read here on Poultry Central someone said here that they saw on tdme, someone sold X6 eggs for $160 on tdme? geeps.... I know that the Palm Turkeys are a Rare Bird, but that price would be even rarer we think to get, um So $10 per egg is around the norm I was told for a fertile Egg, and prices go up to $100- $150 for a Mature bird.

We would like to have a go at Smoking the Bronze Turkey meat , any one eaten Smoked Turkey before? Also for Healthy hearts, the meat I read is 96% Fat Free. We also will have a go at making Turkey Sausages and Meat patties for burgers, simply because of the lower fat content. ( I edit my spelling errors as often fly past computer in between busyness, so sorry of any spelling errors....:) )
Last edited by Abc123 on Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Abc123
Chick
Chick

Re: TURKEYS/ Ducks other.

Postby tishie11 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:29 pm

Hi there. I have 2 female turkeys, bronze and white, but have had more in the past. I have hatched turkeys in my incubators and find them the easiest birds to hatch. I'm quite keen to get some of the royal palm turkeys one day as they look beautiful.
tishie11
Turkey
Turkey

Postby wolga » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:45 pm

Hi Abc123,
I would also be interested in some Royal Palm eggs next
spring ! I think they look stunning.
wolga

Postby Abc123 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:52 pm

I can let people know here when we have the Royal Palm Eggs as soon as hatching time comes back around, please remember they only lay any where from 20- 30 per season so will have limited numbers. But unsure if I can give our email details here, I am sure I will be told one way or the other if I can leave my email after I send this :) Otherwise best to keep a eye out on tdme from Sept- onwards we guess. The Mature birds are expensive simply because they dont lay any where as many eggs as chooks and ducks, and are a bit rare to come by.

If I sold any eggs would be at Buyers own risk as well and must pay P&P remember these would be large eggs and there is no fragile services for posting her win NZ and unsure if its cost effective to post to the Sth Island, North may be ok and I can do drop offs to nearer by folk, but may simply hatch and dispatch "live" Chicks thats the better way we think to make sure one gets live birds in the first place, as I say posting such large eggs may be a bit risky, but may be able to.

If people may like to leave their own email here then may try to get back later this year, or simply jog my memory here in this site next Spring shall see what we have. thank you of the interest, as yes a nice Bird and good to share the type of bird with others.
Abc123
Chick
Chick

Postby Kracka » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:09 pm

my partner has turkeys - Royal Palm, Buff (but I think he's actually aiming for Bourbon Red from them, they're darker, black edged feathers etc) and one Bronze (need to find him a girl for next season

the turkeys went crazy this season, seemed like everytime I turned around a hen walked out with babies from some hidden place we hadn't noticed!

We plan to fatten some of them up....

and we're in Levin
Kracka
Emu
Emu

Postby tishie11 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:43 am

Have you moved Kracka? You used to be South Auckland.
tishie11
Turkey
Turkey

Postby Kracka » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:08 pm

Yep, far far away!

It was a mammoth, took my sheep, cows, ducks, chickens, cats and dogs - in the final drive down I had 5 dogs in the car & towing a trailer with 23 ducklings & mother duck (they hatched the day before D-day) in the trailer (plus the last remaining chooks) - my partner had my 3 cats in his car (he got the short straw I reckon! 9 hours of meiow meiow meiow would have tipped me over the edge!) and a trailer that looked like the Beverley Hill Billy's were on the move!
Kracka
Emu
Emu

Postby tishie11 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:03 am

Wow what a move! Don't think I would have done that!
tishie11
Turkey
Turkey

Postby Abc123 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:07 pm

PS: we also will have some very nice pretty Crossed lambs soon to be born from some sheep we have, Father Pure Dorper, Ewes other, Lambs born will have some very nice colours may be good for spinners Wool, as not not self shedding, and we already have X1 Ewe left form last year who in Lamb, she is not for sale if her lamb is a Ram he will be.

And in August shall have a few Pure Dorper over pure Wiltshire lambs.( both breeds self shedding breeds, as I am new here unsure if their is a sale part heron this site, however nay interests simply let yes know here and can send a Photo hear may be of them, will be very cute and very good first crosses, and other.

If she have any Twins and a ram in a twin set that the rams , I have been told Twin Rams will produce twin offspring as we had sold a twin ram early this year to some one who was very knowlegaable with sheep as far as twin rams go as hitter parents own many sheep, (I can be corrected on this fact about Twin offspring rams then producing twin offspring) as some sheep will twin any way now days on their first year , but mainly 2nd year as well.
Abc123
Chick
Chick

Postby Abc123 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:06 pm

Hi all those who are interested in buying either Royal Palm Turkey Eggs and or young Royal Palm hatchlings, we can supply Eggs for sale from this Rare Breed and later on wile hatching some baby Royals, we already have X1 order sold of X6 Eggs and they will be sent next week to some on not on this site, so please do so your interest quickly as Turkeys lay around 20- 30 Eggs per year only../ more or less than. Any chicks hatches will be sold at 2 weeks old, sorry cannot sex them for a very ling time, so price is the same until sexed $30 each for 2 week olds, then once 6-8 weeks old, $40 each.... after this we will keep and pair them up and sell as Pairs, oder than 8 weeks up to 3mths unsexed $50 each and idle than 3 mths 4 plus Sexed Birds $75 each so the older ones will need alot more time to be sexed thus the price as they grow slow.

RE: Eggs, only if we have any to Spare are all $10 each which is going price for Rare Breed Royals, this Year we will be concentrating on hatching ours first, but may be able to spare a few Eggs. Have a Happy Spring!
Abc123
Chick
Chick

Postby RuralDrift » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:56 pm

If you have any bronze turkey eggs I would be very keen :D
RuralDrift
Chick
Chick

Postby Delago » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:23 pm

Hi - am new here and am looking to acquire Royal Palm Turkeys. Not an easy task I know but if anyone has stock or eggs, please get in touch.
Delago
Chick
Chick

Return to Breeds, Breeding and Breeders