Pekin Crele Partridge

A place to discuss or ask questions about specific breeds!

Also contains a list of what breeds our members are currently breeding.

Pekin Crele Partridge

Postby lizziebee » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:54 pm

Interested if those in the know can advise if these are good examples please.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =705161252

Thanks
Lizzie
Maggie (Blue Australorp), Millie & Mandy (PBRs), Madelaine & Maisey (GLW), Missy (GLW x Shaver), Alice & Lily (Bantam Silver Pencilled Wyandottes) - 3xbtm Partridge Wyandottes & 2xFaverolles.
lizziebee
Chicken
Chicken

Re: Pekin Crele Partridge

Postby nzkings » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:17 pm

The hens don't look like Crele to me, but I'm certainly no expert!

[EDIT] I guess I should have read the wording before posting a response!!! :oops:
"Regard it as just as desirable to build a chicken house as to build a cathedral.” - Frank Lloyd Wright
nzkings
Emu
Emu

Postby Marina » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:47 pm

Oh goodness me! What are they supposed to be? The females have no pencilling worth mentioning and the male doesn't seem right, either.
Marina
Emu
Emu

Postby lizziebee » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:39 am

Marina wrote:Oh goodness me! What are they supposed to be? The females have no pencilling worth mentioning and the male doesn't seem right, either.

Thanks Marina - I just think they are soooo pretty - and wondered if they were standard. Guess not!

Lizzie :D
Maggie (Blue Australorp), Millie & Mandy (PBRs), Madelaine & Maisey (GLW), Missy (GLW x Shaver), Alice & Lily (Bantam Silver Pencilled Wyandottes) - 3xbtm Partridge Wyandottes & 2xFaverolles.
lizziebee
Chicken
Chicken

Postby Marina » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:47 am

They are indeed pretty and would make lovely backyard chooks but they're not what the seller claims they are. The price is ok but they'll soon moult and won't lay until spring.
Marina
Emu
Emu

Postby lizziebee » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:38 am

Marina wrote:They are indeed pretty and would make lovely backyard chooks but they're not what the seller claims they are. The price is ok but they'll soon moult and won't lay until spring.

Thanks again. I can't have them, but I would've like to had they been standard and correct! My husband will thank you Marina!! :D
lizziebee
Chicken
Chicken

Return to Breeds, Breeding and Breeders