Cochins

A place to discuss or ask questions about specific breeds!

Also contains a list of what breeds our members are currently breeding.

Re: Cochins

Postby linakas » Sun May 03, 2015 5:14 pm

Hi mountain man and all who breed cochins,,

I have finally got 2 speckled cochins going !!! they have not started laying yet at just 6 months, so won't be long, i just love the speckled feet feathers, will try any post pictures tomorrow, glad to hear the brahma project is still going. Best of luck Linakas

Last edited by linakas on Fri May 22, 2015 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
linakas
Chick
Chick

Postby Marina » Mon May 04, 2015 9:26 am

Yes, please, photos would be nice!
Marina
Emu
Emu

Postby sofeecee » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:31 am

Hi, sorry, I know this thread is quite old. I haven't managed to go through all the replies but just wondering if anyone can help me find some Cochin hatching eggs please?

I have hatched some from down South (not pure Cochin - from a seller called Leelas05 on TM) and they seem to be doing well. I wouldn't mind breeding a few myself to keep things going here so I am now looking for a second source, ideally of pure Cochins this time, so I can mix up the genetics and keep things fresh. But looks like they are quite rare in NZ. Can anyone help me please?

sofeecee
Chick
Chick

Postby Marina » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:31 pm

Hi sofeecee and welcome to PC :mrgreen:

What colour Cochin are you after? Roger McCormick has Buff Cochins and you can find his details on www.rarebreeds.co.nz

There is a second breeder listed on the website - Sonya Harris - and she has got a number of different colours going.
Marina
Emu
Emu

Postby sofeecee » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:23 pm

awesome thanks so much, I had a quick look on the rarebreeds site a while back but Cochin wasn't mentioned in the breeds overview (is on the breeders directory though) so I didn't delve far enough at the time. Cheers for that :)
sofeecee
Chick
Chick

Postby RuralDrift » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:05 pm

I have just put cochins from sonya harris in to my incubator today. Hatching date is 1st December. Blue black splash and white columbian. Very excited.
RuralDrift
Chick
Chick

Postby Marina » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:47 am

Hi Ruraldrift and welcome to PC!

I, too, love the Cochins and Sonya is doing a very good job with them. She's got nice birds and I keep my fingers crossed for you that your eggs hatch and you get some nice ones, too. Cochins still are being developed and improved so not all chicks are likely to be perfect. You just breed from your best ones and improve them further. It's a real feeling of achievement if you can develop your own line.
Marina
Emu
Emu

Postby linakas » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:59 pm

i am looking for some fertile Cochin eggs too, please text me on 021-0224-8828 if you have any....Thanks
linakas
Chick
Chick

Postby Marina » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:46 pm

I don't think there are any fertile eggs available at this time of year. Maybe wait till September.
Marina
Emu
Emu

Previous

Return to Breeds, Breeding and Breeders