Best news story ever.

Post your favourite jokes, latest news stories etc in here! Remember this is a family forum!
Also:
* On the Farm
* In the kitchen

Best news story ever.

Postby eae » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:25 pm

Makes a nice change from the usually very sad stories in the newspapers...

:D :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36475672?ocid=socialflow_twitter??p
eae
Chicken
Chicken

Re: Best news story ever.

Postby nhb » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:10 pm

That's taking free ranging to a different level
nhb
Quail
Quail

Postby sewren » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:05 pm

I saw that one earlier too - cracked me up! :lol: :lol: Reckon a hen would make pretty good company, though. Although I'm surprised quarantine hasn't kicked in yet anywhere - that will be an issue, I suspect, especially now she is famous.

Another news story I saw recently, which impressed me - some Japanese school children are growing chicks without the egg! If it's not an April Fools joke then it's pretty crazy : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNRxNt323WU
Pea (?), Martha (L Sussex), Bess (Australorp), Elsa (Orp), Petal (B'velder), Dottie (Sp Sussex), Olive (Welsummer), Peggy (W Leghorn), Gertie (SLW), Maureen & Doreen (NHB), Hazel & Tilly (SPW), Lilly & Ivy (Orps) and Silver Appleyard ducks!
sewren

Postby Kracka » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:44 pm

Yeah, saw that Japanese story!

Monique is having a great time, hope she doesn't get caught out with customs/quarantine problems...
Kracka
Emu
Emu

Postby wolga » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:04 am

I saw the Japanese video too. I'm very tempted to give that a try. It doesn't look to complicated. :D
wolga

Postby sewren » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:13 am

wolga wrote:I saw the Japanese video too. I'm very tempted to give that a try. It doesn't look to complicated. :D

Please do!! I was actually a bit disappointed that the video didn't show more footage of the growing chick - so interesting to see! (and no more candling!!)
Pea (?), Martha (L Sussex), Bess (Australorp), Elsa (Orp), Petal (B'velder), Dottie (Sp Sussex), Olive (Welsummer), Peggy (W Leghorn), Gertie (SLW), Maureen & Doreen (NHB), Hazel & Tilly (SPW), Lilly & Ivy (Orps) and Silver Appleyard ducks!
sewren

Return to Fun & Off Topic!