Hens harassing the Cat

Post your favourite jokes, latest news stories etc in here! Remember this is a family forum!
Also:
* On the Farm
* In the kitchen

Hens harassing the Cat

Postby Firestar » Fri May 06, 2016 5:33 pm

It seams the hens really like cat biscuits and cat meat, here is me taking my lovely ladies their very own Chicken salad without the chicken.
out to them each day, greens, scratch and peck, bacon fats, rice or pasta depending on whats left over from tea. Who could resist that :!:
So out I go with my bowel of goodies out it goes large plant pot bases and over on the table above sits puss waiting for her saucer with selection of raw
meat and cat biscuits arh poetry in motion as I refill water and then head on back to the house, suddenly behind me the scene changes.
The sound of hissing and clucking and turn to find the chickens have surrounded the cat on her table who has ears flat and telling them to cluck off.
Leader of group Sassy Sussex is perched on chair bellow trying to get passed cat to steal her dinner.

Enough that is rude I have to go back down scatter flock calm cat down and sit on chair guarding the cat while she eats her dinner in peace.

Cat taken down in the pecking order you say, arhh not so say I as the next day when calling her for her meal I watch with great amusement as the cat makes her way down the laying coop ladder were she has been sitting preventing all chooks from using lay box.
So who got the last laugh. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Firestar
Quail
Quail

Re: Hens harassing the Cat

Postby Kracka » Fri May 06, 2016 6:42 pm

naughty chickens!

I had one old hen steal the dogs biscuits one night - the dogs get fed in a crate each so they don't steal each others dinner
the hen was standing outside the crate, putting her head through the bars & pecking out the food in the dish
the dog was looking puzzled, I took some photos and then shooed her away, before the dog got mad & decided to eat the fresh chicken poking through the bars!
Kracka
Emu
Emu

Re: Hens harassing the Cat

Postby Firestar » Mon May 09, 2016 6:15 pm

Kracka that sounds like a smart chook you had, and the dog was maybe just stunned that this little feathery infiltrated actually had the
nerve to steal from his bowel. Think did the best thing for the sake of the chooks continued good health. lol ;)
Firestar
Quail
Quail

Return to Fun & Off Topic!