Rain Dance

Post your favourite jokes, latest news stories etc in here! Remember this is a family forum!
Also:
* On the Farm
* In the kitchen

Rain Dance

Postby Marina » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:01 pm

Anyone else happy to have some liquid gold from the heavens? We've had the driest spring I can remember with grass on the hills turning brown in early November. Usually it turns brown between mid December and mid January.

It's raining softly, we've had 15mm during the past 2 days in addition to some 30mm earlier this month so here is hoping for some green growth very soon.
Marina
Emu
Emu

Re: Rain Dance

Postby Kracka » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:05 pm

Currently bucketing down in Levin - there's so much grass here (not trying to rub it in, just very surprised)
even back in Akld, its green

hope you get some more rain!
Kracka
Emu
Emu

Postby sewren » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:03 am

Yes, it's been really dry in Christchurch recently so definitely happy for some rain!! My veggies will be happy (which makes me happy!!)
Pea (?), Martha (L Sussex), Bess (Australorp), Elsa (Orp), Petal (B'velder), Dottie (Sp Sussex), Olive (Welsummer), Peggy (W Leghorn), Gertie (SLW), Maureen & Doreen (NHB), Hazel & Tilly (SPW), Lilly & Ivy (Orps) and Silver Appleyard ducks!
sewren

Postby eae » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:06 am

True to form, while some don't have enough, others have too much! Up here in Auckland we've had a very soggy summer and that has caused issues of its own. At least we haven't had to buy water, and that is a definite plus.

I'm glad you're getting at least a small amount of what you need.. hopefully there is more to come.
eae
Chicken
Chicken

Postby Marina » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:41 am

That's really great to hear that it's green around Auckland and Levin - you guys have had 3 very difficult summers in a row and with the low dairy payouts the farmers don't need the extra burden of having to buy in feed.

Canterbury has been a summer dust bowl for 3 years now so this summer rain is very very welcome :D
Marina
Emu
Emu

Return to Fun & Off Topic!