Roosters

Post your favourite jokes, latest news stories etc in here! Remember this is a family forum!
Also:
* On the Farm
* In the kitchen

Roosters

Postby Marina » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:29 pm

Had the vet over today for a visit (not for the chooks). When we walked past the chook breeding pens he remarked that we have nice Orpingtons... Regarding the many roosters of various shapes and sizes running around he asked whether we collect the dumped roosters from the near-by rest area and provide them with a forever home :o
Emm - no - they're all here for a purpose - and if it's being a spare for the spare. And once they no longer have a purpose they get eaten 8-)
Marina
Emu
Emu

Re: Roosters

Postby Kracka » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:27 am

:lol:

I sold a trio of bantams last weekend, they took the rooster (that surprised me) - they asked me if he crowed much (standing in amongst my 15 cages on the lawn),
ummm, I can't pick him out amongst the other 342 roosters I replied :D
eyes like saucers, they said how many roosters?! Just kidding, I don't have that many, but seriously, its just a background noise here
Kracka
Emu
Emu

Postby sewren » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:25 am

Ha ha, would have loved to see the look on his face when he realised what he thought were 'forever home' roosters were dinner!! :lol: :lol:
Pea (?), Martha (L Sussex), Bess (Australorp), Elsa (Orp), Petal (B'velder), Dottie (Sp Sussex), Olive (Welsummer), Peggy (W Leghorn), Gertie (SLW), Maureen & Doreen (NHB), Hazel & Tilly (SPW), Lilly & Ivy (Orps) and Silver Appleyard ducks!
sewren

Postby AlisonS » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:41 pm

Yes, I get all reactions when I say I don't mind how many roosters we get because I only keep large breeds so they're worth eating!
AlisonS
Chicken
Chicken

Postby Marina » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:42 pm

Well, I guess as a vet he'd be asked occasionally to put a rooster down by people who'd be desperate to find a forever free range home for their beloved pet rooster. So maybe, just maybe he had an :idea: moment when he saw all those roosters free ranging on green grass under fruit trees :? And the comment about the Orps was kind-of the conversation starter.
Marina
Emu
Emu

Return to Fun & Off Topic!