My Three Girls :)

Show off your poultry here!

My Three Girls :)

Postby jasper39 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:09 pm

I thought i would add a few photos here of my lovely girls ~ i am quite new to keeping chickens but cannot imagine not having them now ~ they bring the garden to life.

I had two lovely girls who were the best of friends but sadly one passed away at the beginning of last month ~ my remaining girl was so lonely we got two new friends for her.

We had about ten days of the most awful 'pecking order' issues and then calmness returned and they are now the best of friends ~ walking around the garden happily together and it is lovely just to watch them ... it has been so dry here in Gisborne but yesterday a good amount of much needed rain arrived and today my girls have had a treat with a few snails they have found.

The first photo shows my original girl ~ she is simply called 'Chicken' ... and is now the dominant bird and quite proud of her new found status :)

This next one shows all three together ...

My two new girls who are called 'Haggis and Neeps' ~ i am from Scotland and my son gave them their names.

and my cat who is called 'Skye' ~ she loves the Chickens and after a hard day watching them this seemed like the best idea!

It is always nice to visit and look at everyone's photos ~ so many different breeds it is lovely to see them all :)
Last edited by jasper39 on Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jasper39
Chick
Chick

Re: My Three Girls :)

Postby jasper39 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:17 pm

Apologies everyone ~ cannot seem to get the photos showing ... not too sure why?

Does anyone know how i can delete my post and start again?

Thanks
jasper39
jasper39
Chick
Chick

Postby seatil » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:27 pm

You don't need to delete it - just edit it. There's a button on your post somewhere around the top right of what you wrote that says 'Edit'.

The problem is that you have [img]twice at the start of each picture and [ /img] twice at the end. From each line remove one [img] and one [ /img] so that there's only one of each around each picture address.

The preview button is your (and my!) best friend - try fixing one first, and once you've got that one sorted, go for gold with the others.

(N.B. [ /img] does not contain spaces - I had to add them in my instructions in order to to prevent the board from doing funky things with them and making them invisible - Don't add any new spaces!)
One of almost everything, a veritable rainbow of chickens. And Project Motzle.
seatil
Turkey
Turkey

Postby seatil » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:36 pm

Here's an example of exactly what I mean by changing the IMG tags.

The top one is what you have, the bottom one is what you need:

seatil
Turkey
Turkey

Postby jasper39 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:23 pm

I could not work out what i was doing wrong ~ i am happy to have got my photos on with your help ~

Thanks so much Seatil for taking the time to explain ... very much appreciated :)

I shall certainly use the preview button now also!
jasper39
Chick
Chick

Postby Kracka » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:51 pm

cool photos!
they look great
Kracka
Emu
Emu

Postby Marina » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:06 pm

Lovely set-up - they look like very happy girls. I hope they thank you for that good life with plenty of eggs!
Marina
Emu
Emu

Postby jasper39 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:40 am

Thanks Kracka and Marina for your nice words :)

I am glad you liked the photos ~ on looking at them again i think photo four should almost have a speech bubble :D I wonder what they are saying to each other?

I am happy that all three are friends now ~ and i get two lovely eggs every day with one of them just about to start laying any day now ... so three eggs a day and i will be baking like never before!
I have an elderly neighbour who i give eggs to each week ~ she says she has never tasted better and is amazed at the lovely yellow yolks :)
jasper39
Chick
Chick

Postby Kracka » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:21 pm

photo four should almost have a speech bubble

definitely!
I wondered if they were discussing where to roost for the night
Kracka
Emu
Emu

Postby seatil » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:14 pm

Kracka wrote:I wondered if they were discussing where to roost for the night

I had them pinned as discussing their plan of attack on the cat.
seatil
Turkey
Turkey

Postby jasper39 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:07 pm

LOL seatil and kracka :D

I could imagine both these plans being discussed ...

My son reckons they are saying " Did you see that grape still lying under the tree ~ if we move slowly towards it without Chicken seeing us we can share it " !

Grapes are the all time favourite treat ~ nothing else produces so much chasing after each other :D
jasper39
Chick
Chick

Return to My Birds