Ducklings (plus Spot The Odd One Out)

Show off your poultry here!

Re: Ducklings (plus Spot The Odd One Out)

Postby wolga » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:57 pm

Wow ! Really awesome pictures ! :lol:
wolga

Postby Kracka » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:11 am

brilliant photos - I take it its a pretty flash camera?
Kracka
Emu
Emu

Postby seatil » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:33 am

It's a nice camera - yes - DSLR with a basic zoom lens on. The secret though is to take 200 photos...
One of almost everything, a veritable rainbow of chickens. And Project Motzle.
seatil
Turkey
Turkey

Postby sewren » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:37 am

So many emotions with those photos - mostly chuckling and awwwww-ing (oh, and a whole lot of nowireallyneedducklings-ing!!) Great idea with the paint tray.
Pea (?), Martha (L Sussex), Bess (Australorp), Elsa (Orp), Petal (B'velder), Dottie (Sp Sussex), Olive (Welsummer), Peggy (W Leghorn), Gertie (SLW), Maureen & Doreen (NHB), Hazel & Tilly (SPW), Lilly & Ivy (Orps) and Silver Appleyard ducks!
sewren

Postby Kracka » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:03 am

I've got my ducklings playing in a few spare meat dishes (from the oven) - hopefully it won't mentally scar them!

ah, 200 photos makes sense, yay digital
I took a whole roll of film trying to get a decent photo of my dog once, and back then you didn't know till you paid for it to be developed - and then the best pose was slightly blurry

does it do 'burst' type photos - where it takes multiple photos in one go - I would think that would be good - I think my camera does something like that, but the photos are too small to bother printing from (more like thumbnails)
and mine has the endearing habit of, push the button, wait a second, then take the photo - by then the subject has walked away! :evil:

its good fun filling up the blue paddling pools, then sitting outside the splash zone & watching them play - can get a bit x-rated with the adults though! :shock:
Kracka
Emu
Emu

Postby seatil » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:00 pm

Kracka wrote:does it do 'burst' type photos - where it takes multiple photos in one go - I would think that would be good - I think my camera does something like that, but the photos are too small to bother printing from (more like thumbnails)
and mine has the endearing habit of, push the button, wait a second, then take the photo - by then the subject has walked away! :evil:

Yeah, it has a couple of burst options - slow and fast. Pictures full sized (6000x4000). Haven't actually tried to see how many I can do in a row before I have to wait for them to saved to the memory card, but it's at least 5 or 6, probably more.

I didn't use burst for these shots - it's actually /too/ fast really and you end up with several thousand pictures, not several hundred. ;-) Thankfully auto focus and picture taking is dead quick - push the button you have a photo. That wonky diagonal one was taken as I was frantically trying to get the camera rotated from horizontal to vertical to fit the whole gosling in. Somehow it managed to focus and get a clean shot while I was doing that!

My first digital camera (back in 1999 I think(!)) had the lovely habit of having to book your shot a second in advance. Longer if you wanted flash.

Kracka wrote:its good fun filling up the blue paddling pools, then sitting outside the splash zone & watching them play - can get a bit x-rated with the adults though! :shock:

Ah, dirty bath time! And I don't mean the colour of the water afterwards.
seatil
Turkey
Turkey

Postby seatil » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:01 pm

Kracka wrote:I've got my ducklings playing in a few spare meat dishes (from the oven) - hopefully it won't mentally scar them!

For some reason this brought this image to mind.

seatil
Turkey
Turkey

Postby Kracka » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:45 pm

:lol: :lol:
silly chickens!
Kracka
Emu
Emu

Previous

Return to My Birds