Missing chooks...

Show off your poultry here!

Missing chooks...

Postby nzkings » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:19 pm

Seriously... I'm at my wits end, and likely to decide on having no chookens at all...

Have been having "words" with hubby re the chooks for some time now... although he has no qualms about eating the eggs, the whinging, whining and moaning was getting to the point where I thought of giving up having chooks altogether... but this just takes the cake! Tonight he took the "hold the door open" rake away and now I have three missing chooks!!!!! I am not amused... they better turn up in the morning or there will be hell to pay! Keeping chickens is easy, it's keeping the non-chicken friendly humans happy that causes all the problems :twisted: :roll: :roll:
"Regard it as just as desirable to build a chicken house as to build a cathedral.” - Frank Lloyd Wright
nzkings
Emu
Emu

Re: Missing chooks...

Postby GillyJ » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:59 am

Get rid of him :D :)
GillyJ
Pheasant
Pheasant

Postby roobz316 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:25 am

Does he not know the 'happy wife happy life' saying!! Maybe you should say you will give up chickens if he gives up his hobby. If that doesn't work take sewren with you out to the country and live in peace :lol: :lol: or just put the rake wrong way up for him to walk on
roobz316
Chicken
Chicken

Postby nzkings » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:58 am

roobz316 wrote:Does he not know the 'happy wife happy life' saying!!

Funny you should say that.... I heard that expression for the first time a couple of days ago... so maybe he has never heard it ... might just have to mention it in passing! 8-)

All chooks found, safe and sound this morning... goodness knows where they were roosting... last night my daughter and I found three of them roosting in the wood pile, one roosting on the outside of the coop on top of the nesting boxes, but looked everywhere for the other three to no avail... couldn't even hear them cooing. At least all's well that ends well... :roll: :roll:

Going to look at another place in the country today... fingers crossed the man of the house likes it but I'm not holding my breath :mrgreen:
"Regard it as just as desirable to build a chicken house as to build a cathedral.” - Frank Lloyd Wright
nzkings
Emu
Emu

Postby sewren » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:16 am

So pleased to hear that you found them all in the end - I know I get super-stressed when mine escape in the garden, makes me feel a bit sick not knowing where they are!

How was that house in the country nzkings...? Hope hubby liked it!!

roobz316 wrote: or just put the rake wrong way up for him to walk on

Oh don't say that - I used to keep a rake up against the chook house in our old place for a quick clean here and there. I lost count of the amount of times I stood on it and hit myself in the face - pure slapstick!! You'd think I would have learned after the first time, but nope! :roll:
Seventeen beautiful chooks in a rainbow of breeds and Silver Appleyard ducks!
sewren

Postby ChickyMum » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:38 am

[quote="nzkings All chooks found, safe and sound this morning... goodness knows where they were roosting... :[/quote]

Don't they find the oddest places to roost?
Up high and hidden away I would think would be the best places
I currently have no chickens due to travelling
ChickyMum
Chicken
Chicken

Return to My Birds