Alice's Chicks

Show off your poultry here!

Alice's Chicks

Postby lizziebee » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:59 pm

Here is a pic of Alice's chicks - girl, boy, girl, boy.

Here is Alice.

And here is a bowl of Alice's eggs - which we can't eat just yet - with my 9year old grandson - who just loves checking for eggs.
Maggie (Blue Australorp), Millie & Mandy (PBRs), Madelaine & Maisey (GLW), Missy (GLW x Shaver), Alice & Lily (Bantam Silver Pencilled Wyandottes) - 3xbtm Partridge Wyandottes & 2xFaverolles.
lizziebee
Chicken
Chicken

Re: Alice's Chicks

Postby Scarlet » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:26 pm

Oh wow, they - and Alice! - are sooooo pretty! :shock: Is there such a thing as a full-sized Silver Pencilled Wyandotte, and where can I get one? :mrgreen:
2 Partridge Wyandottes, 2 Black Orpingtons, 2 Blue Orpingtons, 3 Barnevelders, and one Barnevelder rooster.
Scarlet
Pheasant
Pheasant

Postby nzkings » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:53 pm

very beautiful!!!
"Regard it as just as desirable to build a chicken house as to build a cathedral.” - Frank Lloyd Wright
nzkings
Emu
Emu

Postby sewren » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:47 am

Ooooh I just L O V E that silver pencilling!! Pretty, pretty, pretty!

Why aren't there more pencilled breeds out there....?! Amazing how different the colour is in the boys - makes sexing them a bit easier!! :lol:

Such a shame that you can't eat the eggs - but if you feed them back to your girls I'm sure they'll appreciate them :)
Seventeen beautiful chooks in a rainbow of breeds and Silver Appleyard ducks!
sewren

Postby lizziebee » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:55 pm

sewren wrote:Ooooh I just L O V E that silver pencilling!! Pretty, pretty, pretty!

Why aren't there more pencilled breeds out there....?! Amazing how different the colour is in the boys - makes sexing them a bit easier!! :lol:

Such a shame that you can't eat the eggs - but if you feed them back to your girls I'm sure they'll appreciate them :)

Yes, the pencilling in the girl chicks is really good - well I think so (not that I actually know)! And I think the pencilling will be even finer than Alice's when they are full grown. And, Alice has the very, very best nature. Her little legs come fifteen to the dozen when she sees me, and gosh she can chat, chat, chat!. She is so friendly and calm. Yet she easily holds her own with the big girls - and is less than half their size - so cute! The boy chicks are lovely - have the same nature, but a bit more forward - the girl chicks are a bit quieter and reserved. The boys - have beautiful feathering, particularly the larger boy - I love it. I'm thinking of asking if I can keep one - but I suspect not. ;)

Oh, yes isn't it the way - with two broodys on eggs and three girls with chicks and one that really doesn't lay - we were getting just one egg a day, if that. Then I decided to medicate the chicks (hence everyone) and worm them as well. Then the Mums came back on lay. So we have been inundated with eggs for a week. I have been giving them back to the girls - they are in seventh heaven! The first time I got an Alice egg, I was in wonder - so tiny and perfect!
Maggie (Blue Australorp), Millie & Mandy (PBRs), Madelaine & Maisey (GLW), Missy (GLW x Shaver), Alice & Lily (Bantam Silver Pencilled Wyandottes) - 3xbtm Partridge Wyandottes & 2xFaverolles.
lizziebee
Chicken
Chicken

Postby lizziebee » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:34 pm

Scarlet wrote:Oh wow, they - and Alice! - are sooooo pretty! :shock: Is there such a thing as a full-sized Silver Pencilled Wyandotte, and where can I get one? :mrgreen:

Scarlet - I missed this question! No we don't have SPW full sized in NZ - yet! I understand Cyd is working on this project.
lizziebee
Chicken
Chicken

Postby Scarlet » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:06 am

Thanks for replying, Lizzie. I wish Cyd every success. :)
2 Partridge Wyandottes, 2 Black Orpingtons, 2 Blue Orpingtons, 3 Barnevelders, and one Barnevelder rooster.
Scarlet
Pheasant
Pheasant

Postby GillyJ » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:58 am

They are all lovely. Very pretty.
GillyJ
Pheasant
Pheasant

Postby sleepinghorse » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:11 pm

Oh, I want chicks like that. I have been wondering what breed to hatch under Hannah next time she goes broody. I think I jsut might have found them. posting.php?mode=reply&f=10&t=2987#
1 Barnevelder
3 Plymouth Barred Rocks
1 Orpington
1 Speckled Sussex
1 Brown Leghorn
Visit my blog http://mytinybroodofbackyardchooks.wordpress.com
sleepinghorse
Pheasant
Pheasant

Return to My Birds