Another game of GUESS THAT CHOOK!

Show off your poultry here!

Another game of GUESS THAT CHOOK!

Postby sewren » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:29 pm

Just wondering if anyone knows what breed Pea might be?

I assume she's a mix of things, but I'm interested to know what breeds you experienced people think might be in the mix :)

She's a bit smaller than our hylines, has dark legs (blue/black?) which are feathered, four toes and a single comb.
I just love her colouring, and how she holds her tail up high. And, of course, that she's a brilliant mum :)

Cheers, Sally

Seventeen beautiful chooks in a rainbow of breeds and Silver Appleyard ducks!
sewren

Re: Another game of GUESS THAT CHOOK!

Postby sleepinghorse » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:12 pm

Can't help with her breed but I just wanted to say how beautiful she is
1 Barnevelder
3 Plymouth Barred Rocks
1 Orpington
1 Speckled Sussex
1 Brown Leghorn
Visit my blog http://mytinybroodofbackyardchooks.wordpress.com
sleepinghorse
Pheasant
Pheasant

Postby sewren » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:17 am

Ah - thank you! I think she's gorgous too, kind of why I'm wondering what she's made of! :lol:
sewren

Postby chooky » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:27 pm

Gold penciled Hamburg X Pekin. I have her cousin named "Goldie". She is my best layer and a real hardcase.....she can fly and control where she is flying, including in windows!!!!! Looks very like your girl.
chooky
Quail
Quail

Postby sewren » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:12 pm

Oooh exciting that you have a lookie-likey :)
...or should I say "Chookie-likey"...?!?! :lol: :lol: Oh dear, sorry that was a bad one!! :roll:

Scary about the flying though - she'e been in the broody pen & run since we got her so she's never had the opportunity to show off her flying skills. I'll have to watch out when Pea and her chicks are finally allowed out into the big wide garden! :?
sewren

Postby atikin » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:51 pm

sewren wrote:Oooh exciting that you have a lookie-likey :)
...or should I say "Chookie-likey"...?!?! :lol: :lol: Oh dear, sorry that was a bad one!! :roll:

Scary about the flying though - she'e been in the broody pen & run since we got her so she's never had the opportunity to show off her flying skills. I'll have to watch out when Pea and her chicks are finally allowed out into the big wide garden! :?

He he she was never a flyer from what I remember my hylines flew way more than she did :lol: good luck with pea (or madonna as I called her :lol: Though I have to say pea does suit her better) ;)
atikin
Pheasant
Pheasant

Postby sewren » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:46 pm

atikin wrote:

He he she was never a flyer from what I remember my hylines flew way more than she did :lol: good luck with pea (or madonna as I called her :lol: Though I have to say pea does suit her better) ;)

Oh phew! Our fences are definitely not chook-proof if they're flying, so that's good to know!
She's been great as a broody and the perfect mum, so thanks again for her :D

Funny think of her as Madonna now I know her as Pea, but there is definitely something Madonna-like about her :lol:
sewren

Postby atikin » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:26 pm

sewren wrote:
atikin wrote:

Oh phew! Our fences are definitely not chook-proof if they're flying, so that's good to know!
She's been great as a broody and the perfect mum, so thanks again for her :D

Funny think of her as Madonna now I know her as Pea, but there is definitely something Madonna-like about her :lol:

:D thank you for giving her such a great home!
atikin
Pheasant
Pheasant

Postby MrQuail » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:31 pm

I'm going to guess Pekin hence the feathered legs, crossed with probably a laying chookie such as a hyline. She's a pretty girl, and she's unique :D
MrQuail
Chicken
Chicken

Return to My Birds