My Girls!

Show off your poultry here!

My Girls!

Postby lizziebee » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:00 pm

While I'm posting pics of my babies, thought I'd pop a few of the rest of the girls:

Mollie
Maisey
Missy
Millie
Mandy
The Crew including Madelaine GLWx3

Lizzie :D
Maggie (Blue Australorp), Millie & Mandy (PBRs), Madelaine & Maisey (GLW), Missy (GLW x Shaver), Alice & Lily (Bantam Silver Pencilled Wyandottes) - 3xbtm Partridge Wyandottes & 2xFaverolles.
lizziebee
Chicken
Chicken

Re: My Girls!

Postby nzguernseygirl » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:43 pm

some very happy chooks you have there!!!
nzguernseygirl
Pheasant
Pheasant

Postby Louise » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:07 pm

Lovely chooks :) Your Molly looks a bit like one of mine, though my girl - Peck'N'Bob, has a flop over comb.
Louise
Emu
Emu

Postby sleepinghorse » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:51 pm

I LOVE Maisey and Missy. I have just gone back to your Introduce Yourself post and found that their colouring is gold lace wyandotte - Beautiful.
1 Barnevelder
3 Plymouth Barred Rocks
1 Orpington
1 Speckled Sussex
1 Brown Leghorn
Visit my blog http://mytinybroodofbackyardchooks.wordpress.com
sleepinghorse
Pheasant
Pheasant

Postby lizziebee » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:06 pm

Thanks guys - they are all special.

Louise - Mollie is an Araucana X something! She was given to me about 4 years ago and she lays the most beautiful dark olive green eggs. When I got her, her eggs were more blue and have progressed to a dark green as she gets older. She is a fabulous consistent layer.

sleepinghorse - yes I first saw a GLW on TM when I was looking for more girls to keep my Mollie company when her friend died. I had to have one - and got Madelaine. Then the babies at 7 & 8 weeks of age. I drove 2 hours each way to pick them up and have really enjoyed watching them grow. Missy is the GLW x Shaver cross and is a little bigger than Maisey - but not as confident. They are my best friends. Now I just really like the breed and can't wait for my Wyandotte partridge bantams to get a bit bigger.

Lizzie :)
Maggie (Blue Australorp), Millie & Mandy (PBRs), Madelaine & Maisey (GLW), Missy (GLW x Shaver), Alice & Lily (Bantam Silver Pencilled Wyandottes) - 3xbtm Partridge Wyandottes & 2xFaverolles.
lizziebee
Chicken
Chicken

Return to My Birds