what is it??

Show off your poultry here!

Re: what is it??

Postby RussellBenington » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:15 pm

buzzard wrote:lemon cuckoo rooster, one that breeds true for barring, and you should get half that resemble her and the other half will have lemon cuckoo, but with a touch of black in tail and possibly hackle

lemon cuckoo what..... leghorn or something else?????.....
RussellBenington
Emu
Emu

Postby gonetothedogs » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:11 pm

All my hens that are either cross breds or pure that have egg laying breeding,( bred just for laying) are all together with a Cochin boy. Makes a nice coloured group.
gonetothedogs
Turkey
Turkey

Postby buzzard » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:26 am

RussellBenington wrote:
buzzard wrote:lemon cuckoo rooster, one that breeds true for barring, and you should get half that resemble her and the other half will have lemon cuckoo, but with a touch of black in tail and possibly hackle

you didn't specify breed. could be a lemon cuckoo anything, i understood your goal was to get something similar in colouration to her
buzzard
Chicken
Chicken

Postby RussellBenington » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:43 pm

buzzard wrote:
RussellBenington wrote:

you didn't specify breed. could be a lemon cuckoo anything, i understood your goal was to get something similar in colouration to her

yup... but i dont want feathered legs or skirts, or feathered faces.... so can you get cuckoo new hamshires, or cuckoo leghorns, or do they not exist :?: :?: :?:
RussellBenington
Emu
Emu

Postby buzzard » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:16 pm

breeding out feathered shanks would be easier in my opinion, but you could try finding a gold legbar and then you have yourself a couple of steps and one or 3 red herrings to navigate to get it back breeding true
buzzard
Chicken
Chicken

Postby RussellBenington » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:21 pm

right..... so does any one have some of the above birds, or nows someone that does :D :D :D
RussellBenington
Emu
Emu

Previous

Return to My Birds